Linux on the Intel DP55KG board
Now owning an Intel DP55KG board (http://www.intel.com/products/desktop/motherboards/DP55KG/DP55KG-overview.htm), I naturally tried running Linux on it. Unfortunately this was not one of those "works out of the box" experiences.
The current issues are (all tested with 220.127.116.11):
- Linux does not reboot properly (Windows does). You need to say reboot=a on the kernel cmdline.
- Ethernet link speed gets set to 10MBit/s. http://e1000.sf.net/ has e1000e-1.2.2 drivers which resolve this.
- There will be a HPET WARNing in dmesg. It should be harmless (http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.linux.kernel/913374/focus=915233).
Other stuff to know:
- The extra Marvell controller exposes an AHCI interface, so just use the AHCI SATA driver for it. Hot-plugging eSATA drives works fine.
- There are apparently issues with Noctua fans, but I haven't verified that yet.